The lymphatic system is the body’s ‘waste disposal unit’. A vital body system essential for good health by way of maintaining the body’s fluid balance, blood circulation and immune system functioning. It is a network of nodes and vessels which are a part of the circulatory system and the immune system.
Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) is a specialised form of physical treatment that requires very light and very precise hand movements and pressures which have to be performed in a specific sequence. As the lymphatic system is a slow moving system, so too the hand movements are required to be slow and rhythmic.
Total treatment time for the full body MLD sequence is 90mins. This treatment cannot be booked online, so please contact us directly to book your appointment.
May assist with:
- pre- and post surgery
- sporting injuries
- oedema (swelling)
- sinusitis and hayfever
- headaches and migraines
- digestive disorders
- musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders
- recovering from colds, sore throats, infections
- continual feelings of tiredness and fatigue
Conditions or symptoms where MLD is a contraindication (treatment should not be performed):
- you are presenting with acute inflammation due to pathogenic germs such as bacteria, virus, fungi – obtain written medical consent from your treating practitioner as to whether MLD is permissible post inflammation
- malignant tumours
- thrombosis (acute venous disease) and phlebitis
- heart value insufficiency
- asthma and bronchitis due to heart related conditions
- very low blood pressure
- localised skin changes
- sclerosis – especially if near the cervical artery
It is strongly recommended that you discuss any allied health treatment plans with your treating medical practitioners prior to commencing.
APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION POLICY / CANCELLATION POLICY / COVID-19 POLICY / NO SHOW POLICY / PAYMENT OF INVOICES POLICY / LATE ARRIVALS POLICY – visit our ‘Policies’ page for full details and information.